Thursday 22 July 2010

Welcome to my Blog

Ok, so I realise I've not really properly introduced myself yet or explained the purpose of starting my blog. I'm Jasmin, I'm 19 and I study musical theatre and dance....hi!

So like I said, I've been working on an eating disorder recovery website. On there I have put a lot of my diary entries up from recovery. However, the past being over and done with, and me being in a new place in my life I needed somewhere to share all of my new entries. Overcoming an eating disorder involves finding new ways to cope with life. I've been writing about my ED experience for years but never really realised how much it helped me until now. Writing allows me to let out all of my feelings. It helps me to make sense of things. It allows me to write something, leave it and go back to it when I'm in a better frame of mind to deal with it. I can write to myself, to others, pretend I'm writing to others, whatever I need to do to help. So if I'm going to be writing, why not share it with other people. Why not hope that a little bit of what I write, no matter how small can inspire others the way others have inspired me.

That being said, welcome to my blog....let's start beating eating disorders!
Love you all, stay strong
Jasmin xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment