Tuesday 7 September 2010

Festival Goers

Heyyy, Sorry it's taken me so long to write a new post...
At the end of August I went to reading festival which was an amazing weekend. It really allowed me to feel so happy about recovery because 2 years a go I would never have been able to go and even a little while a go I would have really struggled so it was good to see how far I've come. The festival season is basically over but I thought I'd share some tips with you anyway incase you need them.
1. It is not impossible to eat healthily - I took a stove so that I was able to make things such as soup, you could even boil vegetables. There were also a lot of places selling some helthier options.
2. Take food - there are lots of foods you can take that will last for long periods of time such as apples, tinned fruit, other tinned foods, I even found smoothies that don't need to be kept cold.
3. Make a plan - I made a rough plan of what I would eat each day so that I never had to worry about what I would eat next and it made me feel really in control.
4. Find a local shop - You might have to walk a bit but at Reading there was a Tesco's round the corner so I was able to buy fresh food if I wanted it.
5. Remember you are walking A LOT and need eenrgy - You will be burning a lot of calories from walking, dancing etc so don't panic about not exercising. You will be staying up late etc and need a certain amount of food to keep you going.
6. Treat yourself - It is ok to treat yourself! If you don't allow yourself then you will crave those foods more and it will make the experience harder. You won't feel like you are missing out and if you can manage it then you can feel proud of yourself for doing it. I told myself that on the last day I would eat a burger for the first time in years and I felt so happy that I did it.
7. Enjoy socializing - Use it as a distraction and try not to focus so much on the food. I know that's easier said than done but keep busy and make the most of the experience. Meet new people and have fun!
I hope they help if you're thinking about going to a festival.
Since then I've moved into my new flat which is going well and I've gone back to uni. Things with food are going really well now that I'm back into a routine and it looks like it will hopefully stay that way for a while.
I hope you are all ok
Love Jasmin

p.s. I've been too busy to finish the website yet but will do when I can!

0 comments:

Post a Comment