Tuesday 1 February 2011

Another... Recovery quote!

I do love recovery quotes...(in case you hadn't noticed). I always found they were able to give me hope or a bigger feeling of courage when I was feeling low.
I just came across this one in my recovery flash cards which I have a massive pile of and I think it's a really good way of looking at the recovery process...

"Very slowly and carefully, you let go of the log and practise floating. When you start to sink you grab back on. Then you let go of the log and practise treading water, and when you get tired, hold on once again. After a while, you practise swimming around the log, twice, ten times, twenty times, a hundred times, until you gain the strength and confidence you need to swim to shore. Only then do you completely let go of the log."

Hope you're all ok
Love Jasmin

0 comments:

Post a Comment